Custodial and maintenance tasks, sweeps, mops, and cleans. Handles mooring lines, performs as navigational watchmen while underway. Performs watchman duties as needed during the winter months. Participates in all drills.
- Sweeps, mops, assist in waxing the dance floor, washing windows, washing down staircases, and scrubbing the decks.
- Custodial tasks involve the before mentioned task as well as cleaning bathrooms, wiping tables and chairs, pilot house and cabins.
- Deckhands are also to maintain the wharf which includes task involved with wharf maintenance.
- Handling of mooring lines on all three vessels and rigging.
- Act as watchmen which are required by the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR).
- All employees of the navigation crew must perform weekly drills and reviews
- Work with the Mate and other crew building access staging (high water)
- Work and adjust lines and cables during periods of high water
- Perform related tasks
- Must be 18 years of age.
- No experience needed, BOLR staff will train
- Opportunity to join the Legacy Program (Regular Full-Time Only)
- Seasonal Deckhands only need to be 16 years of age.
Pay & Benefits
- Starting pay beginning at $15/hour