About this Cruise
This one-of-a-kind, highly requested river cruise aboard the Mary M. Miller riverboat is unlike any other experience we offer, allowing guests the first-hand experience of passing through the McAlpine Locks. Built in the 1920s, the McAlpine Locks are the only way to safely navigate past the Falls of the Ohio, the only obstruction along the Ohio River… which spans 981 miles throughout six states!
While onboard, you will be treated to a special narration about the history of the Locks and what is happening as we pass through them, in addition to a delicious box lunch. After passing through the Locks, we will cruise further downriver before returning to the Louisville Wharf.
(Please note that if river conditions or river traffic prohibit going through the McAlpine Locks, we will take a cruise upriver instead. The return time may be later than estimated based on when we can get in and out of the locks.)
Tickets are $63.99 for adults (ages 15-64) & $61.99 for seniors (ages 65+); $32.99 for children (ages 5-14); a free ticket is available for children ages 4 & under.
Sample Box Lunch Menu*
- Sandwich of choice (choose 1 per guest):
- Homemade Pimento Cheese (with lettuce and tomato on country white bread mozzarella)
- Bluegrass Chicken Salad (with craisins and pecan on honey wheat
- Classic B.L.T. (crispy Maplewood bacon, romaine lettuce and Roma tomato on Texas toast)
- Club Croissant (honey ham, smoked turkey, Maplewood bacon, American cheese, romaine lettuce and Roma tomato on croissant)
- Greek Vegetable Wrap, No Feta (Vegan/Vegetarian; stuffed with hummus, lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber, olives and pepperoncini)
- Traditional Cole Slaw
*Menu is subject to change.
**Special dietary requests (vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, etc.) require a 72-hour notice for the caterer to accommodate your request. Please notify our ticket office at 502-574-2992 with any special dietary requests at least 72 hours before your cruise.
Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your cruise. Boarding begins 60 minutes prior to departure.
Casual. Come as you are! We do recommend checking the weather before your cruise and dress accordingly. Sunscreen or hats are recommended during the summer. Flat shoes are encouraged due to uneven walking surfaces and stairs on the wharf and boat.
- Box Lunch
- Water and Lemonade
- River conditions or river traffic prohibit going through the McAlpine Locks; if so, we will take a cruise upriver instead.
- The return time may be later than estimated based on when we can get in and out of the Locks.
- Additional food and drink are available for purchase at our Concession Stand and Bar. (View the menu here.)